Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 64: One year older...and wiser too?

Hey family! It was a crazy week here in the Foge, but the most important thing that happened was obviously that we had a super cool talent show!

Oh, and someone turned 21. But whatever. ;)

So the talent show ended up coming together absolutely miraculously, literally every obstacle was overcome and we were able to find speakers, a microphone, enough talents, food, stuff to make a stage...it was so cool. The ward loved it, a lot of our English course students showed up, and the performers all did an excellent job. The missionaries started off the show with a skit version of come Come Come Ye Saints. Everyone had a different instrument and we started off just everyone goofing off, then we all came together. We had a piano, guitar, violin, harmonica, and triangle. They loved it. And at the end Sorella Anderson played a fiddle song with one of the anziani on guitar and an English course student playing the drums, it was the perfect finale. It was an overcast day so we were holding out for the weather the whole time, and just as people were starting to leave it began to sprinkle a little. We stressed ourselves out over the activity though, so we are both suffering from a cold. But we are still alive and the activity was awesome, so that is all that matters!

We taught some good English course lessons, this week the topic was saying a prayer in English, but we teach advanced and so they whip through stuff really fast. So a lot of times out English course lessons turn in to us teaching them a related principle. It has been super cool, we love our students so much :) so on Tuesday we talked about how awesome prayer is, and then on Thursday we played a game and let them all ask me a question for my birthday. It was so much fun, and I love getting to share my testimony with them :) They took me out for pizza afterward, it was SOOO good.

We went to a place called Trani on Monday for pday and got some incredible pictures there too. It's on the ocean and it was absolutely gorgeous! :)

Then for my birthday, all I wanted was to cook for the district. So I made stuffed tortelloni full of prosciutto and ricotta and spinach with basil pesto :) I also got to watch the videos that mom sent to Sorella Anderson, thank you all so much! We filmed my reaction, so I will send that today :) it was a really relaxed day, but I had a lot of fun. It's weird to think that I was never in America as a 20-year-old, but at English course one of them asked what my favorite thing was that I did while I was 20.... And honestly, it's just been the whole experience of being a missionary. I can't say that there is anything else I would rather have done with the last year than spend it here with these people, serving the Lord :) We also got to go to the Strömbom family's home for lunch on Friday to celebrate. They made us a traditional Swedish celebration meal and a Lomdt mint chocolate goulash for dessert. And we got to play with their girls, which is always my favorite thing. I love that family!

I love you all so much, thanks for the birthday wishes! It means so much to be remembered by so many people that I love :)

Vi auguro una buona settimana, Vi voglio bene!!! (I wish you a good week, I love you !!!)
Sorella Decker

After class: Masamilliano, Carmen, Michele, Emiliano, Pierro, Maria Rosa, Michele, Michele, Irene, Anna, and Antonio. (yes there really are three Michele's...)
Pday at Trani


Birthday Selfie!
Nicole's reaction to the birthday video we sent her

No comments :

Post a Comment